Monday, April 29, 2013

Birthday Boy Pie (with Lots of Photos)!

Pie has a birthday today - he's now seven. I've had him since he was four and a half, so for about two and one half years, and as those of you know who've been following along, we've certainly had our ups and downs since then, mostly due his greenness and my need to step up and be a better rider, but also due in part to his bouts of EPM and Lyme.  He and I have come a long way together, and he has matured into a fine, fine horse.

Here are pictures of Pie as a foal and a yearling - I got the pictures from his seller, who's the man on the far right in the second photo:



Here's a picture of Pie the day I brought him home as a four year old.



Here we are on one of our earliest trail rides - he really looks young in this picture:


And here he is today - big changes - he's grown several inches and really filled out and muscled up.


And here he is before our ride today - we rode in the outdoor arena for the first time this year, and had a marvelous time with lots of cantering (more room and wider turns, which Pie appreciated)(he must have blinked just as I took the first picture):




Here I have the same silly grin (my helmet is always crooked), but notice how much taller Pie is now:




I love his profile:


And as he walks along, he's doing one of his favorite things - sucking his tongue:


Red, who was plenty dirty from rolling, of course had to get his share of today's photo shoot:




Here Red's making sure I know he's keeping an eye on what I'm up to, even while grazing:


This photo captures Red's very sweet, but also intent, personality:


Now, back to Pie after our Red intermission . . .

I love Pie's nose - he's my only (non retiree) horse with white on his nose:


And I love his really excellent feet:






But most of all, I just plain love my Pie:

No comments:

Post a Comment