Monday, March 26, 2012

Very Exciting News!

Exciting news first - the boys, Drifter and Pie, and I will be riding in the Mark Rashid clinic that will be held at Black Star Farms - where the boys are now - in early June.  Three days, one-on-one sessions, which typically means a full solo hour with Mark and each horse.  I couldn't be more excited - the boys and I have some great stuff to work on that will really advance our horsemanship together.  Dawn went last year, so she'll get a week off.  There are two back-to-back three-day clinics, and I'll be auditing at least part of the one I don't ride in - I find that I get to see a lot more of the clinics where I'm not riding.  For those of you in the U.K., Mark will be holding clinics in the New Forest area and in Scotland in May.

Dawn and I had an excellent work session today, with much cantering, and some canter/trot/canter transitions.  We have a lot of work to do on the canter, but every day we're making some progress.  We also did a lot of walk and trot work, with lots of transitions. Dawn had her first dose of UlcerGard (omeprazole) - our vet wants us to try to lower preventative dose to see if it makes a difference to her eating. Drifter's Chaste Tree berry came, so I'll be grinding that up and taking it up to him on Wednesday when I go to see him and Pie and have lessons with Heather.  And I'll be taking photos and measurements of Pie and Drifter for ordering our About the Horse Western saddle.  I've found a couple of people at the new barn who have steady, calm trail horses and who are more than willing to go on the trail with Pie and me - just what we need when Pie moves there in early April.

Much good horse stuff going on! . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment