Friday, September 9, 2011

Grazing in Formation, and More Yucky Dawn Pictures

Today it's cloudy and threatening to rain - a perfect day for taking photos!  I was taking some nature photos, but as always, I gravitated to the pastures (attracted by the black holes that are horses).  I visited a bit with Drifter in his turnout - as usual, I ended up pretty quickly with a nose shot:


But then he started looking for the mares, so I managed a profile view:


Sugar had to come up and say hi:


Dawn graced me with a nose shot:


Here's how her neck is looking - it looks nasty but it's actually on the way to being better:


In the worst areas, there's a lot of scabbing and the top layer of skin and hair is coming off - you can see the black skin underneath:


Dawn had enough of that, and said adios:


and went off to graze with Misty:


A distant shot of Sugar and Misty grazing in formation:


The three geldings were also grazing in formation - that's Pie in front, Fritz in the middle and Scout in the back:


And Fritz showed me his sweet face:


If the rain holds off, I might get in a ride later today . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment