Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Posts Coming Up . . .

I think there are a series of posts on the way - not sure yet how many - on a number of topics I've been mulling over.  Some of these have been prompted by my recent horse experiences: my fall off Pie and his reactions to that, Dawn's bolt-and-buck and Drift's bolt, and some have been prompted by my reading Tom Moates's new book Between the Reins: A Continuing Journey Into Honest Horsemanship - I strongly recommend this book and Tom's earlier book A Horse's Thought (both I believe available from Amazon).  As is often the case, the book arrived right when my circumstances with my horses made it important for me to hear what the book had to say.

What does it mean to the horse, particularly a young horse, when the rider falls off?

What is straightness in the horse - physical and mental straightness together?

What does it mean for the horse to be truly with you (this is the same, I think, as Mark Rashid's thoughts about a horse being soft on the inside)?

More coming once I get my thoughts and writing organized . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment